A Musical Parody on Evolution
Posted on Jan 15th, 2011
In what today is called the scientific mainstream, it is accepted as a fact that man evolved from lower forms of life - most recently from apes, but ultimately from single-celled creatures somewhat similar to algae. Those who subscribe to this view find themselves faced with a profound moral problem: If mankind is no different from animals, what basis do we have for any particular standard of "moral" behavior? Animals obviously don't follow one.
The Banana Ballad, a humorous musical parody on the moral ramifications of evolution, was written by Jason in 2009 and recorded by ICHTHUS. Working from the premise that man is, in fact, "nothing but dirt" (no spirit, no being in the image of God, just dirt) we see that a God-given understanding of right and wrong is replaced by a flimsy social contract, an uneasy truce of self-preservation between creatures devoid of conscience. Given the right circumstances, there is no logical reason for such creatures not to rob, tyrannize, and kill one another.
While the song is intended to be amusing, the issue itself is very serious and central to the problems of today. Virtually all public schools in America teach their students that man did indeed "evolve from primordial stew" - and is, in fact, nothing but a less-hairy species of ape. The more this is taught, the more young people will grow up morally confused and capable of committing the most atrocious acts with no apparent remorse - behaving, in other words, exactly like animals.
In contrast to Darwinism, with its dismissal of humans as matter in motion, the Bible tells us that God carefully formed man in his own image (Gen. 1:27), that He loved his creation so much He gave his only Son to die for us (John 3:16), and that each of us out of all the billions on earth is known of our Creator down to the last hair on our heads (Matt. 10:30).
Thank God, we are not the product of random prehistoric ooze, set adrift to find our way in a meaningless universe. We are his special creation, made for eternal fellowship with Himself through Jesus Christ.
Ministry Blog Archives
- Apr 15th, 2013 Only God Knows The Whole Song
- Mar 4th, 2013 Don't Say The Three-Letter Word!
- Jan 1st, 2013 "Are You Sleeping?" - Brother John
- Nov 11th, 2012 Which Tree Are You?
- Sep 12th, 2012 Waking Up Different
- Jul 1st, 2012 Mother's Last Message: Jesus Doeth All Things Well
- Jun 2nd, 2012 A Tribute To My Sister, Jettie Laura Paschall Hitchcock
- Mar 20th, 2012 Free Online Books
- Jan 1st, 2012 One Ticket to Heaven, Please
- Dec 7th, 2011 Come Unto Him And Rest
- Sep 11th, 2011 Put on the Whole Armor of God
- Jul 23rd, 2011 Good Morning, Father!
- May 16th, 2011 The Word of The Lord, Our Only Real Standard
- Apr 18th, 2011 Jesus Christ, The True Passover Lamb
- Mar 1st, 2011 Scripture Memorization Through Music
- Jan 15th, 2011 A Musical Parody on Evolution
- Dec 17th, 2010 The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown
- Nov 25th, 2010 Martha Paschall Thacker - Safe in the arms of Jesus
- Oct 31st, 2010 Scripture Song Spotlight: Psalm 24 ("The Earth is The Lord's")