A Tribute To My Sister, Jettie Laura Paschall Hitchcock
Posted on Jun 2nd, 2012
Jettie Hitchcock, the author of these Scripture songs and the Mother of our family, was called home on May 31, 2012 - her 66th birthday.
To her husband, Michael, she was completely devoted. For over 42 years of marriage, they remained not only deeply in love, but totally one in a life laid down for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
To her children, Jeremy, Jennie, Lissi, Timothy, Zachary, and Jason, she was a beloved mother who nurtured them in every sense of the word from the cradle onward, and laid for them an unshakeable foundation in Christ Jesus.
For two sisters in particular – Martha, who preceded her in death, and Rachael, the author of this tribute – Jettie was far more than a close sibling. Even when we were children, she looked after us and our interests like a mother hen. But after we were grown, something happened to Jettie which was to change all of our lives completely. After she was married and had entered the professional world as a teacher, she had an encounter with the Holy Spirit. This experience so dramatically altered her outlook on life that Martha and I were drawn to follow her example, and to join her in this unusual walk with the Lord.
Subsequently, the three of us and our husbands, along with the six children eventually born into our extended household, became one family. Jettie and Michael have generously shared their home with us for more than 38 years. It is a testimony to Jesus Christ that such a sovereign arrangement has not only endured, but has endeared us to each other both in this present world and for all eternity.
Now, we must briefly say good-bye. Jettie's journey on earth has come to a close. Her suffering, tribulation, and tasks on earth for the Master are completed. We are broken-hearted beyond human expression, but simultaneously comforted by the anticipation of our reunion with her in God's time. We also rejoice with her that, being absent from the body, she is present with the Lord Jesus she worshipped and lived to please while here on earth – one day at a time.
Good-night, precious sister. We'll see you in The Morning.
In addition to composing all the Scripture songs on this site, Jettie recorded several pieces of music posted here. Ave O Jesu, a Christ-focused alternative to Ave Maria which she co-wrote with Jennie, is one of our favorites.
Ministry Blog Archives
- Apr 15th, 2013 Only God Knows The Whole Song
- Mar 4th, 2013 Don't Say The Three-Letter Word!
- Jan 1st, 2013 "Are You Sleeping?" - Brother John
- Nov 11th, 2012 Which Tree Are You?
- Sep 12th, 2012 Waking Up Different
- Jul 1st, 2012 Mother's Last Message: Jesus Doeth All Things Well
- Jun 2nd, 2012 A Tribute To My Sister, Jettie Laura Paschall Hitchcock
- Mar 20th, 2012 Free Online Books
- Jan 1st, 2012 One Ticket to Heaven, Please
- Dec 7th, 2011 Come Unto Him And Rest
- Sep 11th, 2011 Put on the Whole Armor of God
- Jul 23rd, 2011 Good Morning, Father!
- May 16th, 2011 The Word of The Lord, Our Only Real Standard
- Apr 18th, 2011 Jesus Christ, The True Passover Lamb
- Mar 1st, 2011 Scripture Memorization Through Music
- Jan 15th, 2011 A Musical Parody on Evolution
- Dec 17th, 2010 The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown
- Nov 25th, 2010 Martha Paschall Thacker - Safe in the arms of Jesus
- Oct 31st, 2010 Scripture Song Spotlight: Psalm 24 ("The Earth is The Lord's")